Careers at Americans for the Arts
Arts and Business Council of New York Intern
Arts & Business Council of New York (ABC/NY), a division of Americans for the Arts, seeks an intern to assist with programming in professional development, leadership development, and volunteer development for its diverse members from New York’s arts and business communities.
The intern’s responsibilities will be to assist in a variety of program areas, and may include the following:
- Marketing, implementation, and follow up research for professional development workshops on topics such as arts marketing, arts management, and board development;
- Marketing, tracking, acknowledging, and fulfilling memberships;
- Planning and implementation of summer multicultural arts management internship program, including processing applications and coordinating site visits and other activities;
- Assisting with annual Encore Awards fundraising event (held in May/June), including a silent auction; and
- Additional projects to be determined that capitalize on the talents and interests of the intern.
- A passion for the arts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a highly desirable.
- Be able to multi-task and to work with minimal supervision.
- As ABC/NY is a small office, a positive attitude and a good sense of humor are essential.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.