Who is the Arts Leadership Digital Classroom for?
The Arts Leadership Classroom is designed for arts leaders in all phases of their career who are looking to gain new skills in the particular topics of each classroom.
How much does it cost to register for the Arts Leadership Digital Classroom?
Registration for the Arts Leadership Digital Classroom for is $150 for Americans for the Arts members, $250 for nonmembers.
How many Arts Leadership Digital Classrooms are there? And what are the topics?
There will be 2 sessions of the Arts Leadership Digital Classroom in 2014 - one in the spring leading up to the Annual Convention, and one in the fall leading up to the National Arts Marketing Project Conference.
The Arts Leaders as Community Leaders (Arts Leadership Classroom 1 –Spring) will offer 4 sessions centered around how to be creative and knowledgeable ambassadors for the arts to the larger community.
- This Digital Classroom will particularly focus on communicating the public value of the arts to non-arts stakeholders, creative cross-sector partnerships, local-level advocacy training, and techniques for building grassroots support among both infrequent more steady arts-goers.
- The program will begin in March 2014 and will conclude just prior to the Annual Convention (and the associated Arts Leadership Preconference) in June 2014.
- Ready to learn more? Check out the Schedule or view the list of speakers!
Registration is now closed.
The Fall Arts Leadership Digital Classroom will offer 4 sessions centered around how to be effective communicators, marketers, and audience and community engagement professionals.
- This Digital Classroom will particularly focus on techniques for knowing your audience and how it compares to the larger community; issues of diversity, equity, and access to art; next generation audience engagement and marketing techniques; and basic communications and marketing skill building for today’s arts ecosystem.
- The program will begin July 2014 and will conclude just prior to the National Arts Marketing Project Conference in November 2014.
- Check back for more information in Spring 2014!
What is included with the Digital Classroom registration fee?
- An orientation webinar and closing call
- Four 60-minute webinars (one per month for four months)
- Four 60-minute discussion-section-style conference calls
- A full syllabus, reading list, and set of practical assignments to reinforce skills, as well as resources for further study of each subject
- A shared Wiki and Google listserv to enhance and maintain connections within the cohort of participants across the country
What do I earn upon completing the Digital Classroom?
Upon satisfactory completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of recognition and will be entered into the rolls of certificate holders in the particular subject area of the Digital Classroom on the Americans for the Arts website.