State arts agencies increase public access to the arts and work to ensure that every community in America enjoys the cultural, civic, economic, and educational benefits of a thriving arts sector. State arts agencies:
- Offer grants to artists, arts organizations and community organizations.
- Train and provide technical assistance for artists and arts organizations.
- Advance arts education through teacher training, curriculum development.
- Conduct research on the impact of the arts.
- Preserve and celebrate unique cultural heritage traditions in their state.
- Recognize and promote artistic achievement.