Greenfield Arts Conversation
Monday, November 6, 2017 - 6:00pmTown Offices
Greenfield, Massachusetts will be holding an Arts Conversation on November 6, 2017 from 6-8 pm at 114 Main Street, Greenfield, MA.
With the designation of our Cultural District and the purchase of the First National Bank on Bank Row, Greenfield is stepping into a new arena with regard to the Arts. We welcome one and all to join us to engage in a conversation about what that means for the town. We also want to talk about the ways that grants from the Greenfield Local Cultural Council may help further these ideas.
We ask the public these questions:
· How can we create a pipeline into the arts that is accessible to everyone?
· Who accesses the arts in your community and in what ways?
· Does “art” or “arts” include everyone? Is the term too loaded or divisive to be useful?
· Who gets public and private arts funding in your community? Who isn’t getting funding that should?
· Why are the arts still viewed as elitist to so many people?
· What systemic barriers stand in our way of achieving real diversity, equity and inclusion in the arts? What are the next steps to breaking down those barriers?
Other Dates For This Event
View all dates