National Arts & Humanities Month (NAHM) is a coast-to-coast collective recognition of the importance of culture in America. It is designed to encourage all Americans to explore new facets of the arts and humanities in their lives, and to begin a lifelong habit of active participation in the arts. See the White House Proclaimation for National Arts and Humanities Month 2014!
Want to join in the celebration? Great! You can find a 2014 National Arts & Humanities Month event in your local area, or you can create an event and invite others to attend.
- Use our National ArtsMeet Calendar to promote your event and find others happening near you!
- Hosting? Check out our resources for planning and promoting an event in your area!
2. Secure a proclamation from your elected officials to make National Arts and Humanities Month an official annual commemoration of the arts in your city or town. Use our sample proclamation and customize to your area.
3. Lead or participate in the NAHM #ShowYourArt Instagram campaign. Upload photos and videos to your Instagram account with the tags #ShowYourArt and @Americans4Arts, and share to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more!
- Share your own art, art you like, and art events you attend in October to help showcase the vibrant and varied art happening across the country everyday! We will be showcasing our favorite entries throughout October.
- Want to lead the #ShowYourArt Instagram campaign locally? Download our partner instagram promo template at the bottom of our "Planning Your Event" page with our other NAHM resources!
No matter how you choose to show your love for the arts and humanities this October, we hope you help recognize the contributions of the arts and cultural organizations in your community!