promote your nahm event
If you’ve taken the time and effort to create a National Arts & Humanities Month event, the next step is ensuring participation from your community. Find strategies below to encourage friends, neighbors, colleagues, and members of your community to participate.
Register your Event or Activity
- Add your NAHM event to the Americans for the Arts ArtsMeet Calendar.
Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!
- Get artists involved by asking them to design posters, bumper stickers, and buttons to remind your community about NAHM. Put up posters in local businesses, hotels, airports, city halls and at other community events. See if local businesses will let you put advertisements on tables, in windows or by the cash register. Print out bookmarks to give out at the library. Get creative!
- Put a calendar of events in your community’s newsletter or newspaper and/or arrange for fliers about NAHM to be put in your community’s newspapers. Include information about local artists, and feel free to use the National Arts and Humanities Month logo.
Use Social Media to Get the Word Out
- Post pictures on Flickr and tag your photos with NAHM.
- Tweet your NAHM-inspired thoughts and use hash tag #NAHM and tweet to us at @NAHM.
- Update your Facebook status with NAHM information, blog your arts experiences, and send reminder emails to friends and co-workers.
- Make a video about what arts mean to you, and ask others in your community to participate. Then, post it on YouTube for other arts enthusiasts to see (and send us the link).