Ovation developed the innOVATION Grant Program to fund and recognize the impact of artists and the arts in communities’ revitalization efforts.
We are pleased to announce the innOVATION Grant Program awardees!
$25,000 Awards• Tacoma Arts Program, Tacoma, WA
• Beet Street, Ft. Collins, CO
• Lanesboro Arts Center, Lanesboro, MN
In addition, voting is still taking place for the "Viewers' Choice Award" of $15,000 at http://ovtn.tv/viewerschoice.
About the innOVATION Grant Program
Eligibility (at the time of application)
- Applicants must be Americans for the Arts Organizational Members.
(Not a Member? Join Now.)
- Only one submission per community will be accepted.
- All applicants will be eligible to compete for the Viewers’ Choice Award.
- A community revitalization program, with the arts at its core, and a demonstrated record of success already in place.
- Applicants must be willing to be featured in various Ovation electronic media and print publications.
- Applicants must be nominated by an elected official (Mayor, County Executive, etc.).
- The creativity and innovation of the revitalization project.
- Evidence that the community has made artists and the arts central to their community revitalization strategies.
- Evidence that the project has contributed to community revitalization and economic development.
- Evidence that the project has directly benefitted the arts and artists in the community.
- Specific plans for future arts-based revitalization OR specific plans for how the grants funds will further arts revitalization efforts in the community.
- One-page letter of support from an elected official. (Mayor, etc.)
- One to three images relating to the project in jpg or png format.
June 18, 2012 - Application Process Opens
July 31, 2012 - Deadline for Submissions - 5:00 p.m. (EST)
September 10, 2012 - Applicant Review Process Completed and Grantees Selected
October 2012 - Grant Winners Announced (See Above)
Viewers' Choice Award
October 15, 2012 - Viewers' Choice Award Nominees Posted and Public Voting Begins at http://ovtn.tv/viewerschoice
December 31, 2012 - Viewers' Choice Award Voting Closes
January 2013 - Viewers' Choice Award Winner Announced
Program requirements, funding requirements, or the timeline: Theresa Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.371.2830.