Americans for the Arts’ customized survey research consulting: making rigorous, credible research accessible to every arts organization in the country.
Informed decisions begin with strong and reliable research. Our web-based survey consulting is designed to provide answers to your critical questions, allowing you to make the best decisions possible.
Advocacy is only as powerful as your persuasiveness—and there is little more persuasive to elected officials than substantive, clear numbers. Data can be your greatest ally when advocating for your own organization.
Your project manager will work closely with you to develop a survey that will be specifically tailored to you and your goals so we can conduct almost any kind of survey online to get you the most useful and targeted information.
To give just some examples, typical survey projects may include the following:
- Membership profiles
- Audience, attendee, and visitor profiles
- Donor and patron profiles
Data Collection Efforts
- Web-based program applications
- Information request submissions
- Environmental scans
- Attitude polls
- Opinion polls
- Program evaluations
Don't see your needs reflected here? Send us an e-mail or call Americans for the Arts at 202.371.2830 and ask for Research Services, and we will be happy to discuss different options with you. If you are looking for information about our separate Economic Impact Study Service, please visit our customized Arts & Economic Prosperity IV reports page.
Through our Institute for Community Development and the Arts, our goal is to make this service accessible to every arts organization in the country.
You will have a dedicated member of the research team at Americans for the Arts managing your project every step of the way. We are always accessible to personally guide you or address any questions.
Meet the Research Team:
As the national organization supporting Local Arts Agencies, we understand how busy you are, and we respect any amount of time you want to dedicate to this kind of project. No matter how involved you want to be, you can rest assured that Americans for the Arts will build the project based on your customized specifications and your individual needs. We will take the time to get to know you—who you are, the role you play in your community, and what you hope to gain from a web-based survey—so that we can best serve you, and help you reach your goals.
With the clout of a national service organization behind us, we bring both a high level of expertise and the resrouces to activate the full potential of the data we collect. Your time is valuable, and we can help you maximize impact without compromising your daily responsibilities.
There are also many advantages to posting surveys online. Web-based surveys allow for much more advanced functionality than a paper-based survey, and automate the process so that responses are instantly submitted into a database and validated for data analysis. Our software also allows us to craft the survey to your specifications in much more complex ways than standard free survey websites would allow. By hosting your survey online using our advanced web-based research software, we are able to:
- Monitor response rates and send customized reminder e-mails.
- Allow respondents to save their partial answers and return to the survey at a later date.
- Pre-populate survey responses with information you already have.
- Implement question skipping and branching techniques so that respondents only see questions that are applicable to them.
- Eliminate duplicate responses.
It all depends on your goals, your individualized plan, and your desired outcomes. You will always receive full-scale project management for the life of the project. Specifically, we will oversee:
- Questionnaire Design
- Survey Implementation
- Participant Tracking and Customized Reminders
- Data Analysis
- Customized Reporting
The following are just a few examples of successfully completed web-based surveys:
Alameda County Office of Education/Alliance for Arts Learning Leadership
- Conducted research and analysis benchmarking implementation of arts education programs in schools and school districts.
United Arts of Central Florida/Orange County Arts & Cultural Affairs
- Conducted event participant surveys in a program-wide study to quantify the economic impact of arts and culture audience spending of supported projects.
National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts
- Collected information from National Guild member schools and reported critical statistics, enhancing the decision-making capacity of schools during their planning processes.
Los Angeles County Arts Commission
- Conducted research and analysis determining the status of arts education in each of the 80 school districts in Los Angeles County and evaluated the long-term success of the Arts for All program.
Our discounted survey consulting fees are designed to make this valuable research tool accessible to every arts organization in the country. Pricing is determined by the size and scope of your research project. For more information on pricing or to request a project quote and contract, please contact the research department by e-mail or by phone at 202.371.2380.
For more information or to request a quote or draft project contract, please contact Senior Director of Research Services Ben Davidson at email@example.com or 202.371.2830.
If you are interested in a customized Arts & Economic Prosperity report for your community, visit our dedicated page for that service. Not sure which one is right for your organization? Give us a call and we'll be happy to help!