The Local Arts Classroom is a five-month virtual leadership development series that provides an opportunity for local arts leaders to master foundational concepts and build skills through exposure to current practice in the core areas of local arts development. In 2013, the program will begin in January and conclude in May.
- Six 90-minute webinars
- Six 60-minute post-webinar discussion calls
- Opportunities to connect with field leaders and peers around the country
- Access to a Classroom participant-only Web portal that will include resources to further study in each subject
New for 2013
We have added a session to the curriculum titled Career Development: Navigating Opportunities in the Local Arts Field.
Participants in the 2013 Local Arts Classroom will be selected via a competitive application and panel process.
A maximum of 40 individuals will be accepted into the program. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of recognition and will be provided with further opportunities to become engaged with the broader arts community and the Americans for the Arts Networks.
Individuals meeting the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- Professionals with less than 10 years of experience in the arts field, or
- Undergraduate or graduate students, or
- Professionals who are transitioning into local arts administration from another sector.