January 2013 – May 2013
[View the complete schedule.]
Participants will be selected by a competitive panel process and acceptance decisions will be made by December 14, 2012.
Individuals meeting the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Professionals with less than 10 years of experience in the arts field, or
- Undergraduate or graduate students, or
- Professionals who are transitioning into local arts administration from another sector.
The application process closed on Friday, November 16, 2012.
$375 (includes Orientation, six 90-minute webinars, six 60-minute post-webinar discussion calls, program conclusion call, direct access to networking opportunities with peers and field leaders, and a Classroom participant only web portal with resources for further study)
All program participants must fall into one of the three categories listed above, and also meet the following criteria:
- Attendance at a minimum of six of the seven live webinars, five of the six live discussion calls, and mandatory attendance at the Orientation (January 16) and Closing Call (May 22).
- Actively participate in all small group discussions. We will likely schedule at least three small group discussions, in addition to the webinars and large group discussions, throughout the five month program period.
- All webinars and discussion calls will be recorded, and participants who miss any of the sessions are responsible for viewing/listening to the recording prior to the next webinar/call.
- Americans for the Arts will accept a maximum of two individuals from each organization or university program to each Classroom series.
Questions? Call or e-mail Leadership Development Program Manager Stephanie Hanson at 202.371.2830 or firstname.lastname@example.org