The popular Twitter chat on arts education returns on the second Tuesday of each month
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
The education community is one of the largest contributors and consumers of professional development hosted on the social media platform Twitter. We know that educators, artists, students, and parents access Twitter to learn about their work—especially arts education. To foster community, connect advocates, and promote professional learning in arts education, Americans for the Arts is pleased to host #ArtsEdChat on the second Tuesday of each month.
Beginning in 2015, Americans for the Arts launched a successful week of Twitter chats on various topics in arts education, which was met with an incredible response from the fields of arts, education, public policy, and from stakeholders in communities around the country. In 2016, staff began regularly hosting #ArtsEdChat on a monthly basis. Beginning in June 2017, Americans for the Arts will relaunch #ArtsEdChat with a year’s worth of programming and a face lift.
Each #ArtsEdChat will be hosted by Americans for the Arts’ Arts Education Program Manager, Jeff M. Poulin, from his Twitter handle @JeffMPoulin. Be sure to follow him or @Americans4Arts for reminders about upcoming events. Poulin will be joined monthly by co-hosts who serve as experts on each topic being discussed. Attendees may register for each event on ArtsU to learn more about the topic, read about the co-hosts, and receive reminders about upcoming events.
- June 13, 2017 – Museum Education
- July 11, 2017 – Design Thinking
- August 8, 2017 – Youth Advocacy for Arts Education
- October 10, 2017 – Local Implementation of The Every Student Succeeds Act
- November 14, 2017 – Early Childhood Arts Education
- December 10, 2017 – Arts Education in Healthcare & Healing
- January 9, 2018 – Intergenerational Leadership in Arts Education
- February 13, 2018 – Arts Education & Autism Spectrum Disorders
- March 13, 2018 – Civic Engagment Through Arts Education
- April 10, 2018 – Evaluation in Arts Education
- May 8, 2018 – Title I & the Arts
During National Arts in Education Week—the week of September 10-16, 2017—a special series of #ArtsEdChat will be hosted on a variety of topics. Each day of the week at 8 pm ET, a chat will be hosted on one of the below topics, discussing the free webinar which will be made available earlier in the day at 3 pm ET.
- Monday 9/11/17 – Arts Education for Incarcerated Youth
- Tuesday 9/12/17 – Arts Education & Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Wednesday 9/13/17 – Arts Education & English Language Learners
- Thursday 9/14/17 – LGBT Youth Arts
- Friday 9/15/17 – Arts Learning for Native American Youth