Monday, October 3, 2011
WHAT: Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts, presents the Business Committee for the Arts’ BCA 10: Best Companies Supporting the Arts in America. In addition, the BCA Leadership Award and BCA Hall of Fame Award will also be presented to Christopher “Kip” Forbesand Kohler Co., respectively.
WHO: Accepting the award on behalf of their companies are:
- Mark Copman, Vice President for Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions, 3M
- Floyd W. Green, III, Vice President and Head of Community Relations and Urban Marketing
- Joshua Davidson, Partner, Baker Botts LLP
- Reggie Van Lee, Executive Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Rand Griffin, CEO, Corporate Office Properties Trust
- Herbert V. Kohler, Jr., Chairman and CEO, Kohler, Co.
- Jim Sluzewski, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications and External Affairs, Macy’s
- Michael O'Brien, Co-Owner, Printing Partners
- Trish Doll, Owner, Publicity Works
- Jill Estorino, Vice President for Domestic Parks Marketing Strategy, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Mark Wilde, President, Wilde Lexus of Sarasota
Other attendees include:
- Joseph C. Dilg, Managing Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Lynn L. Elsenhans, Chairman, CEO and President, Sunoco
- John Loeb, Jr., Former United States Ambassador to Denmark and Delegate to the United Nations
- Terry Lundgren, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Macy’s
- Ian Reisner and Mati Weiderpass, Founders of Parkview Developers
- Edgar Smith, CEO, World Pac Paper
- Jonathan Spector, President and CEO, The Conference Board
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
6:00 p.m. Reception
7:00 p.m. Presentation
The Central Park Boathouse
East 72nd street and Park Drive North in Central Park
New York, NY
WHY: Business giants and arts leaders from across the country are slated to attend this swanky event, which is always full of great, unexpected comments, sound bites and photo opportunities. This year will be no exception.
Americans for the Arts is the leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. With offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, it has a record of more than 50 years of service. Americans for the Arts is dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts. Additional information is available at www.AmericansForTheArts.org.