Catherine Brandt Vacovsky
Arts Policy Experts Available for Comment on Government Shutdown
Americans for the Arts President and CEO Robert L. Lynch and Vice President of Government Affairs Narric Rome are available for media interviews to discuss how the government shutdown will affect the arts sector and nation overall.
Insights they can provide include:
- How the shutdown will impact operations at the National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, Smithsonian Institution, and Institute of Museum and Library Sciences and the resultant ripple effects arts organizations nationwide and Americans will experience.
- How millions of children across the country will be impacted when Head Start programs, which offer arts education as a core component of their curriculum, are forced to shut their doors.
- How Washington D.C.’s economy, which is largely supported by cultural tourism, will be impacted.
- How visa and passport processing delays will affect both tourism in America as well as America’s cultural diplomacy efforts abroad.
- How national park closures will impact the economy.
To arrange an interview, please contact Catherine Vacovsky at email@example.com or 202-712-2054.