Catherine Brandt Vacovsky
Mark J. Czarnecki, Mike Kaplan, Shelagh Mahoney, Michael B. McCallister, Dick Robinson Among Business Leaders Attending BCA 10 Awards at Central Park Boathouse on October 2
Broadway Star Brian D’Arcy James to Perform During Event
WHAT: Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education, presents the Business Committee for the Arts’ BCA 10: Best Businesses Partnering with the Arts in America. In addition, the BCA Leadership Award and BCA Hall of Fame Award will also be presented to Humana Chairman Michael B. McCallister and Northwestern Mutual, respectively.
WHO: Accepting the award on behalf of their companies are:
• Mike Kaplan, President & CEO, Aspen Skiing Company, Aspen, CO
• Shelagh Mahoney, President, Atlantic Salt, Inc., Staten Island, NY
• Aura Reinhardt, Vice President, Corporate Relations, Bacardi USA Inc., Coral Gables, FL
• Mark J. Czarnecki, President, M&T Bank, Buffalo, NY
• Andrea Taylor, Director, North America, Citizenship & Public Affairs, Microsoft, Redmond, WA
• John Kordsmeier, Vice President of Strategic Philanthropy and Community Relations and President of the Northwestern Mutual Foundation, Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, WI
• Eva Blum, Senior Vice President and Director of Community Affairs, PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Andrew Mozena, Senior Vice President, Retail Banking, Premier Bank, Dubuque, IA
• Dick Robinson, President and CEO, Scholastic Inc., New York, NY
• Kristina Christy, Director of Corporate Responsibility, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Atlanta, GA
• Laura Melillo, Vice President, Community Relations and Executive Director, Yum! Brands Foundation, Yum! Brands Inc., Louisville, KY
• Michael B. McCallister, Chairman, Humana Inc., Louisville, KY
The evening will also include a special performance by Broadway star Brian D’Arcy James and the Aetna Corporate Volunteer Band.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 2, 2013; 6:00 p.m. Reception; 7:00 p.m. Presentation
WHERE: The Central Park Boathouse, East 72nd street and Park Drive North in Central Park, New York, NY
WHY: Business giants and arts leaders from across the country are slated to attend this swanky event, which is always full of great, unexpected comments, sound bites and photo opportunities. This year will be no exception. For more information, click here to read the press release announcing this year’s BCA 10 honorees, the BCA Hall of Fame inductee, and BCA Leadership Award recipient.
Americans for the Arts is the leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education in America. With offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, it has a record of more than 50 years of service. Americans for the Arts is dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts. Additional information is available at www.AmericansForTheArts.org.