As the field education and leadership programs manager, Abe Flores is responsible for coordinating and implementing Americans for the Arts’ field education and leadership programming to develop competent and informed arts professional ready to advance the arts on a local, regional, and national level. As part of his duties he works with the Emerging Leader Network to identify and cultivate the next generation of arts leaders.
Prior to joining Americans for the Arts, Abe was the advocacy field manager for Arts for LA where he established partnerships with cross-sector organizations and community groups to promote the importance of the arts. He developed those partnerships into arts advocacy networks and working groups all over Los Angeles County through capacity building workshops and advocacy campaigns. Abe holds a Masters of Science in public administration from the California State University, Los Angeles.
Americans for the Arts Staff Information
Recent Blog Posts
- We Resolve to Create a Better Arts Field
- Reflections on Resilient Arts Leadership
- Resilient Arts Leadership from the Inside Out: The Arts Leaders Showing Us How
- Welcome to the “Moving Arts Leadership Forward” Blog Salon
- Closing the “20 Arts Administration Revolutions” Blog Salon
- Welcome to the “20 Arts Administration Revolutions” Leadership Blog Salon
- The Greater DC Diversity Pilot Initiative, #2: Talking Diversity in the Arts (Reflections on the Community Diversity Forums)
- Thanks for Joining our Emerging Leaders Blog Salon on the Future of the Arts
- Charting the Future: Why we need new Visionary Ideas, Values, and Models to Propel Communities forward through the Arts
- A Diversity Problem in Arts Administration: The 2013 Salary Survey Reaction