Matt D’Arrigo is Founder and CEO of A Reason To Survive | ARTS, a nationally recognized non-profit agency dedicated to changing the life trajectory of youth facing adversity through the arts and creativity. In addition to national media coverage, D’Arrigo’s work has been the subject of the Academy Award winning documentary “Inocente”, featured in the New York Times best selling book “Decisive” by Chip and Dan Heath, and profiled in Darius Graham’s book “Being the Difference: True Stories of Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things to Change the World”. D’Arrigo also speaks, advocates, and advises on arts education, the use of the arts as a prevention and intervention vehicle, the power and importance of creativity, and starting and leading non-profits. D’Arrigo lives in San Diego with his wife, Hulya, and children Tessa and Andrew.
Americans for the Arts Staff Information
Recent Blog Posts
- Childhood Lesson: Color Outside the Lines—How being a child artist helped me become a better business leader
- #artssowhite - How can arts education help build equity in the arts?
- The Intersection of Creative Youth Development and Creative Community Development
- Power of Place: The Importance of Dedicated 3rd Places for Youth to Engage in the Arts
- Why Is It So Hard? Seriously.
- The Value of Community-Based Arts Education
- Cutting Arts Education is a Form of Identity Theft