Patricia Walsh is the manager of the public art programs for Americans for the Arts. Prior to working at Americans for the Arts she was a cultural programming specialist for the public art program at the Arts Commission for the City of Las Vegas. There, she coordinated the update to the public art master plan and worked with the Arts Commission to develop their annual programs and budget. She served on the City of Palo Alto Public Art Commission and as a committee member for genARTS Silicon Valley, an initiative of the Arts Council Silicon Valley dedicated to serving emerging leaders. Patricia worked as the program coordinator for the City of San Jose Public Art Program where she managed the conservation and maintenance of the public artwork collection, worked on community engagement initiatives and managed temporary public art projects. One of the projects she managed was recognized with a 2010 Year in Review Award. She also volunteered with the City of Oakland public art program.
Prior to relocating to the San Francisco Bay area, Patricia lived and worked in the Greater Boston area. She worked at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston as the program assistant for the Continuing Education department working with students and artist faculty to ensure courses ran smoothly. She earned her master’s degree in Arts Administration from Boston University and during that time she began her field experience in public art administration as an intern for the Somerville Arts Council and with the Urban Arts Institute at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
Patricia also holds a Bachelor in Arts in painting from State University of New York at Plattsburgh.
Americans for the Arts Staff Information
Recent Blog Posts
- Removing Public Artworks: Process and Policies are Key
- Dear Public Art Colleagues: We Stand With You
- Welcome to the 2017 PAN Year in Review Blog Salon!
- Supporting the Health of Our Veterans with the Arts
- Behind the Scene: Public Art Network (PAN) Year in Review 2015
- The Intersection of Public Art and Arts Education
- Round-up for Aspirations and Reflections: Emerging Leaders in Public Art Administration
- Aspirations and Reflections: Emerging Leaders in Public Art Administration