Ruby Lopez Harper
Ruby is the Director of Local Arts Services for Americans for the Arts. She is the Co-chair for the National Coalition on Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response, serves on the Support for Individual Artist Steering Committee for Grantmakers in the Arts and serves on the WETA Community Advisory Council. Prior to joining AFTA, Ruby was the Director of Grants and Services at the Greater Columbus Arts Council in Columbus, OH. At the Greater Columbus Arts Council, Ruby focused on grantmaking, community development, economic development and tourism, and public art. She has a varied background that includes corporate affairs, marketing, and business administration. She served on the Emerging Leaders Council for Americans for the Arts and was the primary contact for the Arts and Economic Impact Study for Central Ohio. She also worked with PhilanthropyOhio on their Member Services Committee.
Originally from California, where she was a dance instructor in her spare time, Ruby worked with local community theatre companies creating choreography for their musical theatre productions earning numerous local, state and regional recognition for her work both on and offstage. She has served on a number of grant panels for the Ohio Arts Council, Kentucky Arts Council, Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, and the National Endowment for the Arts. Ruby has an associate degree from Cerritos College, a certificate in Corporate Community Involvement from Boston College, is a trained meeting facilitator, and a Certified Tourism Ambassador.
Americans for the Arts Staff Information
Recent Blog Posts
- National Creative Conversation on Facebook
- Columbia, South Carolina
- Reflections on Readiness and Resiliency
- A Statement on a Statement
- What Would Make Where You Live a Better Place?
- Where Has the Loyalty Gone?
- Emerging Leader – An identification Crisis
- Don't Ask Me What I Bring to the Table. Ask Me What I Don't Bring!
- Closing thoughts on 2008 Conference
- In the home stretch...
- Zolli - Could he be more...
- Two days down and two to go...
- On my way to Americans for the Arts Conference!!