In January 2015, Massachusetts State Senator Stan Rosenberg (D-Amherst) was elected President of the Massachusetts State Senate. Prior to that, he became the first senator in the state’s history to hold the leadership position known as President Pro Tempore. He has also served in multiple leadership posts, including four years as Majority Leader and three years as the first western Massachusetts legislator to chair the Senate Committee on Ways and Means.
Recent Blog Posts
- The Origins of the Massachusetts Cultural Facilities Program: Try, try again...
- STEM to STEAM
- It’s Time to Engage and Listen to Millennials
- Using Data to Advance the Arts: A Legislator’s Perspective
- Out of Many, One: Cultural Equity as the Foundation for a More Perfect Union
- What Would Business Investment in Arts Education Look Like?