The National Initiative for Arts & Health Across the Military advances the arts in health and well-being across the military continuum for service members, Veterans, their families and caregivers.
Working across the military, veteran, public and private sectors, the goals of the National Initiative are to:
- Raise visibility, understanding, and support of arts and health across the military continuum;
- Advance quality policy, practice, and research in the use of arts and creativity as tools for health and well-being; and
- Make the arts accessible and widely available to all military connected populations, including Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, Veterans, military families and their caregivers.
New Release!: Arts, Health, and Well-Being Across the Military Continuum White Paper 2.0—2020 and Beyond. The second White Paper chronicles the progress of the National Initiative since its launch in 2012 and lays out a menu of new goals in the areas of practice, research and policy. View the first White Paper published in 2013 here.
View the sessions recordings of the 2020 Virtual Summit: Arts & Health Across the Military: Artfully Navigating COVID-19 to Build Connected and Inclusive Military and Veteran Healing Communities, an online event hosted by Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and Americans for the Arts, with support from the Veterans of Foreign Wars Foundation, September 16-18, 2020
View the United States Conference of Mayors history of resolutions in continued support of Funding Arts, Health, and Well-Being Across the Military Continuum.
Interested in more information and national networking with others working in this space? Here’s three ways:
- Join our closed NIAHM Facebook Group to connect with others working in this space or to post or find events happening across the country.
- Add your organization or program to Americans for the Arts’ National Initiative Directory