The National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military advances the arts in healthcare, healing, and well-being for military service members, veterans, their families and caregivers.
Working across military, government, private and non-profit sectors, the goals of the National Initiative are to:
- Raise visibility, understanding, and support of arts and health in the military;
- Advance the policy, practice, and quality use of arts and creativity as tools for health in the military; and
- Make the arts as tools for health available to all active duty military, staff, family members, and veterans.
- The United States Conference of Mayors adopted a resolution in June 2018 in support of Funding Arts, Health, and Well-Being Across the Military Continuum.
- Interested in more information and national networking with others working in this space? Join our closed NIAHM Facebook Group.