The National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military advances the arts in healthcare, healing, and well-being for military service members, veterans, their families and caregivers.
Working across military, government, private and non-profit sectors, the goals of the National Initiative are to:
- Raise visibility, understanding, and support of arts and health in the military;
- Advance the policy, practice, and quality use of arts and creativity as tools for health in the military; and
- Make the arts as tools for health available to all active duty military, staff, family members, and veterans.
- Review the reports that have been created by the program and see past and planned events held to delve deeper into the work to support the National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military.
- The United States Conference of Mayors adopted a resolution in June 2016 in support of Funding Arts and Healing Therapy Across the Military Continuum.
- Read the 2017 Arts and the Military Issue Brief here.
- Interested in more information and networking with others working in this space? Join our NIAHM Facebook Group.