“Washington, DC—A new national study by Americans for the Arts finds that the nation’s nonprofit arts and culture industry generated $166.3 billion in economic activity in 2015—$63.8 billion in spending by arts and cultural organizations and an additional $102.5 billion in event-related spending by their audiences. This activity supported 4.6 million jobs and generated $27.5 billion in government revenue…”
- Download the Full Press Release (pdf, 100 KB)
Charts, Graphs, and Tables
All files are in PNG format.
- Average Event-Related Spending
- Economic Impact
- U.S. Workforce
- Contributions to the GDP by Arts & Culture Industries
- Local vs. Nonlocal Audience Spending
- Public Opinion Poll Data on Arts’ Meaning in Lives
- June 2017, Hyperallergic, “U.S. Arts Nonprofits Generated $166.3 Billion in Spending in 2015, Report Shows”
The arts bring us inspiration and joy, and make our communities beautiful places to live and work. But local nonprofit arts and cultural organizations are also businesses. Find out more in Americans for the Arts’ Arts & Economic Prosperity 5 video!
Please contact the Press & Media Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.371.2830.