On June 14-17, Americans for the Arts and our members are heading to Denver, CO for the 2018 Annual Convention! Expansive and welcoming, Denver is a city where creativity and innovation can be found anywhere. From street art and murals to music that is redefining and confounding genres, Denver artists are taking every opportunity to entertain, question, and inspire.
Join us on June 14-17 to discover what makes Denver such a creative and innovative city—and the perfect destination for the 2018 Annual Convention!
Over 3 keynotes, 3 Preconferences, and more than 35 sessions, the 2018 Annual Convention will explore the role of the arts in creating and sustaining healthy, vibrant, and equitable communities.
Sessions will revolve around five core themes:
- Culture and Community: How do we expand the power of our work to strengthen all communities and transform culture?
- Equity and Engagement: How can we revise our policies and practices to be truly equitable and engage the full breadth of our communities?
- Investment (Including and Beyond Grantmaking): What tools, models, and strategies do grant makers need to make distribution of funds more equitable, the likelihood of success higher, and the systems that need changing more visible?
- Cross-Sector and Community Partnership: How do we create and grow successful cross-sector and community partnerships?
- Communicating Our Value: How can we more effectively communicate through marketing, advocacy, and public will-building and policy, the value of the arts?