Mr. Jeff A. Hawthorne
Jeff joined the RACC staff in 2002 to lead several initiatives to raise money and awareness for the local arts community, including supervision of RACC's public relations efforts, research activities, and fundraising programs. Although Jeff's background is heavy on the theatre side (he started acting and set design in high school, moved into theatre management in college, taught arts education programs in Ashland, and worked in the development office at Portland Center Stage for 8 years), he enjoys being nothing more than an audience member these days. Jeff, a left-handed Cancer, lives in north Portland and is co-founder of the Red Dress Party. Jeff is on the Local Host Committee for NAMPC 2013 in Portland, OR.
Recent Blog Posts
- NAMPRadio Episode 22: Take the Oregon Trail to the NAMP Conference
- Rock for Art
- Using public funding to incent private sector contributions
- OR: Building a Case as Portland Prepares to Vote on Arts Funding
- Feeding the Arts
- Hamburgers, fries, and the arts
- More on “old ways” and “new ways”
- 39 Steps
- Will Corporate Giving Ever Recover?
- Grassroots (and Employee) Engagement in the Private Sector
- Good news from Portland
- First, the bad news...