Ms. Janet M. Starke
Janet Starke is Executive Director for Richmond CenterStage, a performing arts organization that oversees two performing arts venues in Richmond, VA, that support a dozen resident presenting and producing companies. The organization also implements a comprehensive, regional arts education initiative that includes school- and community-based programs. Prior to serving as Executive Director, Janet was the organization’s Director of Education for over six years. For nearly 20 years, she has administered education programs at performing arts centers and other arts organizations in Charlotte, Cincinnati, Memphis, and Nashville. In these programs, she designed and implemented professional development for teachers and teaching artists for the successful delivery of arts-integrated curricula supported by artist residencies. A native of Richmond, VA, she holds degrees in Arts Administration from Shenandoah University and University of Cincinnati. Janet is active in statewide arts administration and advocacy, currently serving a three-year term on the Area V General Operating Grants panel for the Virginia Commission for the Arts.
Americans for the Arts Staff Information
Recent Blog Posts
- Don’t Underestimate the Power of the Arts to Engage Parents and Caregivers
- A New School Year Means New Opportunities for Arts Education in Schools and Communities
- Legislative Sessions Open, Now What? Advocate!
- Great Expectations: One Measure at a Time
- Creativity AND the Arts: not an “either/or”
- A Conversation Starter: Arts Marketing and Education at NAMPC
- "This Must Be Your Down Time!"
- Measures of Success – When You’ve Reached Your Mark