Mr. Jeff M. Poulin
Jeff M. Poulin joined the arts education team at Americans for the Arts in 2013. He works to empower local, state and federal supporters of arts education to become effective advocates to advance policies supportive of equitable access to arts education for all students.
In his role at Americans for the Arts, Jeff has trained over 10,000 advocates in all 50 states. He was also been instrumental in the publication of the 2014 National Core Arts Standards, a leader in the creative youth development movement, and a founding board member of the Innovation Collaborative. Before arriving in D.C., Jeff worked for several nonprofit and commercial organizations in the US and abroad focused primarily in production and programming, audience development, research and policy. Notably, he was an advisor on the implementation of the first national Arts in Education Charter under the directions of the Ministers of Arts and Education in the Republic of Ireland. Jeff frequently speaks at a number of nonprofit organizations and universities.
Jeff hails from Portland, Maine and holds a Master of Arts degree in Arts Management and Cultural Policy from University College Dublin and a Bachelor of Science degree in Entertainment Business from Oklahoma City University.
Americans for the Arts Staff Information
Recent Blog Posts
- Embracing Cyclical Mentorship and Our Commitment to Arts Education
- Shooting Survivors Turn to the Arts in Wake of Tragedy
- Why We Celebrate: The Power of Youth Voice
- Part 2: Interview with Frank Gehry by Terresa McCovey, student at Hoopa Valley Elementary School
- Part 1: Interview with Frank Gehry by Terresa McCovey, student at Hoopa Valley Elementary School
- Because of Arts Education
- Operationalizing Access and Equity in Arts Education
- Top 10 in Arts Education 2015
- The Intersection of Public Art and Arts Education
- What’s Going on Internationally in Arts Education?
- Arts Education and Cognitive Development: Compiling the Research
- What’s Going on with Arts Ed in Chicago? (The 5 Things You Need To Know)
- Arts Education: Ten Things to Remember from 2014
- The Shared Space of Arts Marketing & Education
- A Future for Creative Youth Development
- Intro to the Arts Programs Enhanced by Vans Custom Culture Grants
- What You Need To Know About the New National Core Arts Standards
- Why should you attend the Arts Education and Advocacy Preconference?
- Welcome to our Blog Salon on Teaching Artists!