Cristyn Johnson was the Local Arts Advancement Program Manager at Americans for the Arts. In this capacity, she developed Americans for the Arts’ comprehensive full-career-spectrum field education offerings to advance competent and informed local, regional and national arts professionals. She also developed a suite of programs and resources centered around the full leadership pipeline and organizational needs of a diverse workforce. She managed, grew, and cultivated an Emerging Leaders Network, a Mid-Career Leaders Network, and an Executive Leaders Network by building a connected network of arts professionals in the field of practices, who can share their knowledge with the field at large.
Prior to coming to Americans for the Arts, Cristyn was the Program Manager for Maryland Citizens for the Arts (MCA). During her time with MCA, her main focus was on building and expanding partnerships and programming, with specific concentration on capacity building programs to the field, as well as the Emerging Arts Advocates program.
Cristyn grew up in the Baltimore area. She earned her Master of Science Degree in Arts Administration from Drexel University and completed her Bachelor of Music Degree with a concentration in clarinet performance at Towson University. In her free time, you can find Cristyn performing with a few local orchestras.
Recent Blog Posts
- Did You #ShowYourArt During National Arts & Humanities Month?
- Creative Conversations Take on National Arts & Humanities Month
- Welcome to National Arts & Humanities Month!
- Audience Engagement is NOT Community Engagement
- Spark a Creative Conversation During National Arts & Humanities Month
- Have Your Heard the Buzz About Creative Conversations?